BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Opa!

My husband and I are renovating our basement. What this has entailed thus far is gutting it until it is a cold concrete pit, and re-insulating said pit.


For the most part, the two of us have different tastes and generally have difficulty agreeing on something we both like. Instead of fighting, we agree to disagree and go home having bought nothing. We do realize at some point, we will need to tile the bathroom.

While shopping for tile the other day, I picked up a tile and maybe it was the feel of it in my hand, but some part of me (the part of me that wants to trade the neighbor's lawn gnomes around and rearrange your Christmas tree when you're not looking) wanted to smash it on the floor and shout, "Opa!"

The desire didn't come from frustration, just from the knowledge that if I did smash that tile, it would be absolutely satisfying. Not wanting to be banned from Home Depot, I set the tile down and walked away.

Have you ever had a similar desire to be bad for the fun of it?

0 comments: