BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

You may have wondered if I had been bit by a zombie, hence my failure to post anything of late.

Your guess would have been close. I'm preparing for a trip to China and any time I try to work on anything resembling a creative outlet, 14 pairs of socks... 14 pairs of socks... takes over my thought waves.

Even as I type this, I'm thinking about the uncharged batteries in my camera.

There are a two things I want to see while I am there:
  • A cherry blossom (preferably more that one, but one will do).
  • The great wall.
As it is The Year of the Tiger, one of my airplane books will be Marjorie Liu's Tiger Eye. The book is set in China and Marjorie blogs about her trips to China, so it feels appropriate. Feel free to read along with me.

I have to go. I'm on the verge of hyperventilating as my suitcase is totally full and I know I want to bring back a zillion (give or take a few) souvenirs.

Book chatter and shiny, shiny pictures to follow. Any tips from people who have visited China?

Find umbrella... Find umbrella...

4 comments:

Hayley E. Lavik said...

Wow, that's fabulous, Stephanie! 14 days, I'm assuming from your socks? I will have to pick your brain on packing checklists and such before I leave next month.

Have a fabulous time! I eagerly await pictures.

Janet said...

Have a great time, Stephanie - can't wait to see the pictures :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks guys. I am en route and just did the math. I am away 18 days and have packed 14 pairs of socks. I don't remember the reasoning behind 14 pairs but am sure I decided on that number for a reason.

Karyn Good said...

Have a blast, Stephanie. Looking forward to hearing all about it!