BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Avatar etiquette

There is that unspoken / spoken rule that Canadians, in general, are polite.


Too polite.

Excessively polite.

Embarrassingly polite.

What I should let you know is while Canadians are polite, they also have a high set of standards for politeness from others, especially amongst themselves. Here is an example of what I mean:

My husband and I went to Avatar. Now we want to be blue. Anyway...

Halfway through the show a man got up (we think he had to go to the washroom). He opened an exit door, but it was a door to the outside world.

HERE IS WHERE HE WENT WRONG:

He walked away without ensuring the door was shut. He walked across the front of the theatre and went out the actual exit.

MEANWHILE:

Sunlight was streaming into the theatre! While Avatar was playing! ARGHhhhh!

HERE IS WHAT I DID:

Step 1: I decided I would shut the door (Avatar was on. Who wouldn't be inspired to be a hero?). With my goggles still on. I almost fell down the stairs.

Step 2: I took my goggles off, ran down the stairs, across the theatre, shut the door, ran back across the theatre, up the stairs, across the aisle, sat down and put my goggles back on.

Here is my point: people who pay a small fortune to watch an amazing 3-D movie do not want that experience ruined someone with bad manners. Someone letting in the daylight (ahhh, I'm melting!). Especially in the middle of a battle scene.

0 comments: