BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bad Moon Rising Book Review


Sherrilyn Kenyon's Bad Moon Rising is the 26th book in the Dark-Hunter Series and if you ask me, it has been a long time coming. In the preceding novels, there are hints at their romantic relationship, but they are always furtive glances of Fang and Aimee. After putting us through the anticipation, Sherrilyn finally shares the story. It follows Aimee and Fang, how they came to be together and how they eventually find happiness with one another (I don't think this constitutes a Spoiler Alert - it is available in the Romance section of the book store).


For the most part, the Dark-Hunter books can be read as stand-alones. I do recommend keeping the reading order close to the written order, since each book takes you farther into their world and they all tie into one another. This, however, is one of the books I would suggest be kept to the written order. It connects scenes from various preceding books, showing a different viewpoint. If you read this first, you're going to find out about a whole lot of what goes down before you want to.

The want of a beer leads Fang to Sanctuary (a bar / sanctuary for paranormal beings) and general chivalrous manliness leads him to risk his life to save Aimee's (the waitress / daughter of the owner). Life goes from bad to disastrous for Fang when angry enemies (if you are an alpha male and save a girl's life, expect angry enemies) attack. People are killed, things are said, brothers are punished, Fang almost dies (and is rendered nearly dead. Mostly dead?). Aimee and Fang take turns saving one another (and being sexy) and there is a surprising scene near the end that had me crying inappropriately on a road trip. Plus there's a man hug.

I'm not going to say much more than that. Too much of a book report and you won't need to read it. What I will say is this:

I don't know what it is with Sherrilyn. Maybe its the mad skillz combination of Greek mythology, paranormal adventures and sexy men but there is always a scene or two in her Dark-Hunter books where I just want to shout, "SOMEBODY HIGH FIVE ME!!!!!" (if you've seen Shrek, use Donkey's inflection when reading this). This book is no exception.

It is not one of my favorite Dark-Hunter books, but I've always liked Fang and Aimee thus my Need To Read. Had it been my first, I probably would not have the same Kenyon Krush I have now. If you haven't read any of her books, read Fantasy Lover first (just reading the title makes me blush), then the Dark-Hunter novels, working your way up to this one. Its a quick read but it tied up some loose ends and made this reader happy.

0 comments: