BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Meet my robot friend

Blogging rule: Don't write blog posts of epic length. Hopefully today's post balances out yesterday's.

There is nothing worse than spending an exorbitant amount of time working on a project only to realize it isn't as amazing as it was supposed to be. Well, there are far worse things, but I like being dramatic.

Let's all stop to consider all the ugly bird houses in the world. It must be a rite of passage for everyone to build at least one ugly bird house in their life.

AutoCrit Writing Center is helping me to turn my ugly bird houses into what I consider mildly attractive bird houses. At least it is keeping my bird houses from being full of holes with sharp nails jabbing out at all angles.

It offers a Manuscript Editing Wizard with varying levels of analysis. I don't care what you are writing: newspaper articles, fairy tales, scientific manuscripts. It can show you any unnecessary words, patterns or crazy grammar you may have inadvertently used. And its not a person, so if you are shy, "Hello great, unbiased, non-human beta reader."

Obviously, they want you to purchase the service, but there are free components that are helpful.

I'm trying to make this post a shortie and we're on the brink of average length, so I'd better dash. Give AutoCrit a peek. It can't hurt.

0 comments: