BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Do / say / write / the hard thing

There is a saying: .... well, I can't type it out in any semblance of order, so I'll give you the gist of it: Sometimes we are given choices in life but are not sure which one is the right decision. Chances are, the choice requiring the most difficult undertaking is the answer.


- Not always -

For example, programming your VCR. The most difficult undertaking would involve not reading the manual. The right choice is probably to read the instructions, otherwise don't come crying to me - actually, even if you have read the manual, don't come crying to me. Well... you can come crying, just don't expect me to do anything about it. Technology and I don't mesh well (the force is not strong with this one).

Anyway, here is my point: its easy to do the easy thing. Its not always easy to do the right thing.

They (the same people who use the opening saying I couldn't articulate) say that hard thing, those words you are too shy or polite or stubborn to say out loud are probably what you need to write down.

I am attempting to apply this to not only my story, but everyday life. We only get one chance and one day, I don't want to look back and see all I ever did was the easy thing - My husband would probably argue I make everything difficult ;)

As a kid, I was taught if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. For the most part, I stick to this. However, there are times where logistically, this does not make sense.

So I challenge you: some time in the next week, do that thing you've been putting off, that thing you know won't be easy but you're dying to try (and deep down inside you know you probably should). I'm not sure what my thing will be, but I'll keep you updated. Stop by and share yours if you like.


0 comments: